Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ride Hard or Stay Home...

I missed Man Candy Monday this week because I was still recovering from our weekend bike trip. By bike trip I mean on Big Daddy’s Harley Fatboy. I have successfully avoided any trips and sent him with his biker buddies from work. Which is WHY I let him get it – so he could do something without ME! Well, it wasn’t that bad…I actually enjoyed. I might even go on a longer trip this summer…MIGHT.

We rode up to the middle of No and Where, Cheeselandia to go on a Poker Run that was hosted by ABATE (a motorcycle rights & safety organization). One of Big Daddy’s buds is a member.  A Poker Run is where a pack of bikers ride between 5 or 6 bars. At each one you pick a card from a deck and it is written down on your score card.  This is how you get your poker hand.
I wished I was dead on the first stretch because my ass hurt so bad! I felt like my tail bone area was being ripped in two! This was the longest I had ever been on the back of the Fatboy. I finally rolled up my sweatshirt and stuck it in the gap between the seat and backrest. Finally relief!!!

When we got to the check in it was like a scene from Sons of Anarchy or something. These people were HARD CORE Live to Ride bikers. I was a little uncomfortable I was pretty sure they could tell that I was a poser, sorority girl biker. I am sure my cute Harley clothes and New Balance tennies outed me. Big Daddy blends in a little more and doesn’t scream “White Collar Biker” unless he is wearing his khakis and polo shirt (as he does when he rides to work every day).
I love those…memes? That show different pictures of thing like “This is how I think I look…this is what society thinks, etc.”

This is what I THINK we look like…

This is what the other Bikers REALLY looked like…

This is what I WISH I looked like...

This is what we REALLY look like…
(We ALWAYS wear Helmets!!!)
(Note rolled up sweatshirt behind my ass.)

0 comments: